Yes, our self-esteem can be a beast sometimes. But, there are ways that you can work on your self-worth and self-esteem and improve it for the better.
According to reach out, self-esteem is your option of yourself and what your abilities are. Sometimes this is high and other times it can be low. Having low self-esteem can leave you feeling unmotivated, unhappy and insecure, however there are ways that you can improve how you feel about yourself.
Below are some tips to assist you improving your self-esteem, and, like a lot of things in life this may seem lot easier said than done. That said, ‘no pain, no gain!’ Give these tactics a shot:
- Be kind to yourself. Make an effort to be kind to yourself, remembering that sometimes you might slip up. But that’s okay. A good way to do this is speak to yourself in a way that you would speak to others such as friends and remain comfortable and positive. Or as Yoda would say try there is no try.
- Be you. Believe in you. Comparing yourself to others can often make you feel worse, so focus on your good stuff, your goals, your achievements and your potential.
- Get moving. Exercise is great for many reasons. One is to increase motivation and, secondly, when we exercise and break a sweat our body releases endorphins which are the feel-good hormones.
- Remember, no-one’s perfect. Always strive to be the best version of yourself and don’t create unrealistic goals. Trying to be perfect is one of these.
- Everyone makes mistakes. In order for us to learn and grow we need to mistakes. And this is okay. It’s part of being human. Mistakes are, actually, stepping stones to success. Richard Branson went bankrupt twice, before he climbed his mountain.
- Do what makes you happy. If you focus on what makes you happy and spend time doing what you enjoy, this will naturally make you feel and think positively. This could be as simple as having a bath, reading a book or spending time with friends.
- Surround yourself with a supportive group. Not only is it great to have a good support network but it’s also good to find and surround yourself with people who make you feel good about yourself. Plus, try to avoid those who don’t make feel good.
The experienced team at ProActiv People can work with you to achieve your desired outcome and provide tips and ways to improve your self-worth and self-esteem, because, at the end of the day you’re just as important as anyone else and deserve to feel like this.
Now, let’s get to work.